Everyone Else Wants To Be Italian—But You Really Are!
Why not make it official by claiming your heritage?
Have you thought about the incredible benefits of becoming an Italian citizen? Here are five important things to know:
- You do not need to give up your American citizenship to hold Italian citizenship
- You might be entitled to claim Italian citizenship for yourself and your family members, even if your only Italian ancestor is a great-grandparent
- Contrary to what many Italian-Americans are told, it is often possible to obtain Italian citizenship through your female ancestor
- Your Italian passport helps ease travel and employment within European Union countries
- If you want to live, work or study in Italy (who doesn’t?) you will not face any time limit or work restrictions.